I remember when it was torture to be forced to watch slides of someone's vacation. Now they get blogged or facebooked and suddenly people want to see them. The medium really is the message.
I remember when people who felt the urge to write kept journals. Now they splash the most self indulgent inane minutae imaginable in a blog and aren't the least bit self conscious about it.
I don't think I have the necessary sense of self importance( if that's what it is) or self aggrandizement (if that) to continue this blog. Or maybe I'm just not chatty enough. I'd rather watch the sunset than take it's picture.
In any case, this is farewell to my brief entry into blogdom.
I will be sending email updates to my sons and family, describing what occurs as GHOST sails through the Caribbean. If you are a friend and wish to receive these emails, write me at runyonwoods@gmail.com and I'll add you to the list. That will be the only way to keep up.
No comments:
Post a Comment